Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunrise

As sad as it may be, I can't remember the last time I've seen the sun come up. I'd guess about 10 years ago, long before 10 a.m. was early to me on the weekends and going to bed before 12 made me feel like I wasted my day. But since I had a photo assignment on lighting to do for class I hadn't gotten any good shots the days before, my last and only chance was to wake up two hours early and get it done.


I decided to go to Payne's Prairie's boardwalk, which I pass by all the time but haven't gotten the chance to visit. Once I got there, all I could really do was pray someone would walk up and let me take pictures of them.

Luckily enough, a cute couple walked up to the end of the boardwalk hand in hand to watch the sunset. They were so into each other they didn't even notice I was snapping pictures of them behind their backs. There were several times I tried to approach them and ask their names, but I honestly felt like I'd ruin the moment. He could've been proposing! Seriously.




Turned out, I got the pictures I needed, and Anthony, who decided to drive up and come help me at 6 a.m., and I were able to enjoy the sun rise together, something I'm sure neither of us will experience very often in our night-owl lives. Thank God for that random couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment