Tuesday, July 6, 2010

She & Him


After seeing 500 Days of Summer & falling in love with Zooey Deschanel, I was surprised I hadn't found out about her band, She & Him, sooner. Just a few weeks ago I listened to her cds, Volume 1 & 2, and fell in love with those just as hard.

Most of the time it takes me a while to really start to become addicted to a cd, but She & Him hit me pretty much the first time through.
Not only is Zooey a beautiful singer, but the guitar is catchy as well. Most of the songs are slow, Zooey's voice being the main part of the song, but there are a few faster-paced songs, too. Zooey even has a country touch that I usually hate, (actually, always) but somehow it works for her. Her music and lyrics are completely different from anything you hear on the radio. It's old fashioned, simple and classic. Her voice is comforting and sweet. The songs will be in your head all day and will make you want to go back for more.

I've always been a sucker for girl musicians who do a lot of singing in their songs so that I can sing along, and this is no exception. To me, she's the best in that category since Regina Spektor.

No comments:

Post a Comment